Monday, June 7, 2010

One Thing I Know For Sure


I am a writer. 

Like the blue eyes I have used to stare out into this world for twenty-three years, it is a part of me.

There is nothing else I would rather do than spend every one of my fleeting earthly moments with my fingers desperately trying to keep pace with my mind as they dance across the keys. For then, I am truly myself, exposed and unafraid. 

Nothing and everything inspires me. A leaf rattling its way across the pavement triggers a million thoughts that avalanche through my mind. The words buzz across the page, first in utter chaos before settling into a harmonic symphony that delights me to my core. 

I can see the characters I create and I can feel their emotions. I can get caught up in their world and sometimes, there is no place I would rather be. 

I thank God for my gift and I know I will put it to use. 

For now, I will wait and see what He has in store for me. One thing I know for sure? 

It will be great. 

1 comment: