Friday, October 2, 2009

New Nanette

What better way to start a weekend than to receive an email from Neiman Marcus touting one of my favorite designer’s fall collection? Yes, if you read the “about me” section on my first post you might realize I am talking about Nanette Lepore. I love, love, love her dresses. It all began in March when I bought one of her frocks for my sister’s rehearsal dinner. I haven’t looked back since. Here are a few of my current faves from her fall collection.



* Image via neimanmarcus.com 

The Café Sheath Dress caught me by surprise one day when I was browsing through my local Neiman Marcus. The pattern grabbed me right away and when I went over to feel the pure silk fabric it was like my hand had died and gone to heaven.  The structure of the dress nips and tucks in all the right places to make it work wonders on nearly every body type. Last of all, I finally found a mini dress that could actually be called such on my petite self. Of course, this is something to keep in mind if you are slightly taller than the average girl—Mary, take note!



* Image via neimanmarcus.com 

I love the flowy look of Nanette Lepore’s Fire Dress. I think it is perfect for work if you aren’t too tall, a dinner date, or Sunday brunch. I would definitely wear it with tights and a platform of some sort. I think it would look divine with my newest obsession: Chanel Vamp nail polish.



* Image via neimanmarcus.com

The designer’s Dreamboat Pleated-Front Dress is so sweet. First of all, I can never resist a bow. Classic black and white is perfect for any season but the merino wool fabric is certainly ideal for fall. I would wear this like the model (whoever styled these models is on my wave length) with tights and ankle booties. When it starts to get a little chillier, I would throw one of those oh-so-chic motorcycle jackets across my shoulders.




* Image via neimanmarcus.com

Now, I know I may be getting a little ahead of myself but I think this is the quintessential New Year’s Eve dress. It has two elements that are pretty much absolute musts for the holiday: sequins and feathers. This year, instead of doning a goofy hat and boa choose Nanette Lepore’s Disco Dress and I assure you, it will be a hit. Sequins are back en vogue and this dress makes me want to leap for joy. I would wear this with black tights and a black suede bootie. For jewelry, I would keep it minimal. Maybe just an earring and a cocktail ring. 

To see Nanette Lepore’s collection at Neiman Marcus click HERE.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment