Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Sunny Day in Fashion


* Image by Sherly Rabbani and Josephine Solimene via Style.com
It truly is a sunny day in fashion when one of my favorite designing duos announce a much anticipated addition to one of their labels. According to InStyle.com the Olsen sisters are going to be launching an eyewear collection for The Row.  I have to confess, I love the Olsen twins. When I was seven I loved them and their stretchy shorts and hair clips and I love them now with their oversized shades and Venti cups. Hopefully, their new collection will not disappoint. In light of this recent development, here are a few of my favorite “sunnies”. I'm sure by the time their collection drops next spring, I will be able to add a few of their designs to my list of favorites. 




* Image via Chanel.com 
Chanel round sunglasses have been on my wish list for I don’t know how long. I don’t look good in white frames but black frames with white arms are the perfect compromise. Once I get a job I definitely will invest in a pair.


* Image via NeimanMarcus.com
My first pair of designer sunglasses were Prada. Now, they are all scratched and I can barely see out of them. But, I still wear them when I feel the need to channel my inner celebutant and hide from the world.  I love the combination of the tortoise shell and the skinny arm on this pair. It feels very 1960s. 



* Image via SunglassHut.com
The classic Ray-Ban Wayfarer. They are just really cool. I like them in black but the tortoise shell is also another one of my faves.




* Image via SunglassHut.com
The true Ray-Ban classic, the aviator.  Everyone needs aviators. There are so many brands at so many different price points--there is no excuse for not owning a pair. My boyfriend bought them for me for my birthday a few years ago and they have scarcely left the bridge of my nose since.



* Image via AldoShoes.com
I have been asked to start introducing more budget-friendly selections to my posts and here is one that I definitely think is a catch. Aldo has great sunglasses at such irresistible prices (hello, $7.98!) without sacrificing style. Their Tangri sunnies are really great. The oversized frame is one of my favorite looks and the splash of color that the arms provide is unexpected. It’s always good to keep people on their toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment